This giving season, we're celebrating the small businesses who have established their headquarters at Innovate Springfield, in the heart of our community, and who proudly call Springfield their home. Welcome to the iSPI Holiday Shop, a curated selection of Innovate Springfield member-owned products and services. Please tell your friends near and far, because when you purchase from a local business, you're supporting the local economy in a meaningful way. You also get to share in the pride of knowing that your purchase dollars will be recirculated right here in our community.
To help demonstrate just how important small businesses are to our lives and to our economy, take a quick look at these small business impact statistics.
Check it out:
If those statistics don’t get you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside about supporting locally-owned small businesses, the iSPI Holiday Shop will! From products to services, you’ll find something unique for everyone on your list, and we mean everyone.
There’s specialty coffee, gift boxes, and teas. You’ll also find custom items, stocking stuffers, fine crafts, and handmade goods. Did we mention services?! Get a jump start on your new-year, new-you, new-year’s-resolutions with pampering sessions, credit improvement coaching, and tax services. Cruise to the iSPI Holiday Shop!
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on small businesses across the country, and our community continues to rise to the challenge and rally together. You’re sure to catch the holiday spirit when you read about the great work being done by our collaborators and friends right here in the heartland.
- Building Board Diversity - Creating a culture of diversity in the nonprofit community, where boards assess their make-up and policies to reach their full potential of impacting the areas they serve, and employers are actively committed to nonprofit board engagement. View free resources.
- Capital City Takeout Challenge - Beginning Thursday, November 19 - Friday, December 18, any consumer can participate in the challenge and a chance to win $1000. To qualify, order at least $15 in takeout from 5 participating locally-owned, Springfield-area restaurants (including one minority-owned establishment) and email a copy of your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Downtown Springfield Inc., Holiday Walks - Each year, our friends at Downtown Springfield Inc, alongside all of our unique, locally-owned shops pull out all of the stops for the most magical time of the year– the Old Capitol Holiday Walks! This year may be a little different because of COVID; Santa wants to make sure everyone stays happy and healthy.
- Downtown Springfield Inc., 2020 Annual Awards Nominations - DSI’s Annual awards will be handed out at their 28th Annual Dinner on January 21, 2021. Award recipients represent the Best of Downtown for the calendar year 2020. Nominate your favorite downtown establishments today!
- Downtown Takeout Guide - This handy-dandy downtown restaurant takeout guide is our new mealtime go-to. Thanks, DSI.
- Thrive in SPI - From the local businesses rooted here, solid education systems, diverse career opportunities, state-of-the-art healthcare to our rich history and culture, and more. Thrive in SPI is here to remind you of everything that makes this home. Check out the inspirational videos, AMAZING flipbook, and sign up to become an advocate for the best big-small-town around.
- The Next 10 - Sponsored by the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln, the goal is to inspire, challenge and add context to the desires of the Greater Springfield community as we lay the groundwork for the future, together.
We appreciate that you took the time to read this far! If you can’t get enough of #iSPILyfe, you should definitely subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season!
Want to learn more about Innovate Springfield? You can visit us on our website and keep up with us between blog posts by subscribing to our weekly newsletter and by following us on Facebook and Instagram.
If you have questions, feel free to connect with us and request more information!