Looking for private foundation grants for your nonprofit?
Come learn about private foundation funding and how to use Foundation Directory Online (FDO) to target potential funders. FDO is the most comprehensive prospect research tool for fundraisers, with over 235,000+ grantmaker profiles. You will learn how to search for grantmakers who have funded organizations working on causes and with communities similar to those you serve. We will also discuss the advantages of GuideStar’s Transparency badges and how to earn one for your organization.
NOTE: This class is for nonprofit organizations looking for funding. It is not geared to individuals seeking grants.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand what a private foundation is
- Understand how to properly approach a private foundation
- Explain what FDO is
- Identify your needs in preparation for searching for potential grantmakers in FDO
- Research potential grantmakers using a project-based search in FDO
- Evaluate prospects for strong or weak fit using FDO
- Identify the options for accessing FDO
- Access resources for getting help with FDO
- Complete GuideStar’s requirements for a Transparency badge
Calendar Event: https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/588?eventId=33419431